Financial aid is available for high school graduates attending Mississippi State University’s Summer Developmental Program.
The following types of financial aid are available through the Financial Aid website:
- FEDERAL STUDENT AID
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH Grant)
- Federal Work-Study Program
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Direct Student Loan Programs
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan
NOTE: In order for eligibility to be determined, federal student aid applicants must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each fiscal year. You must complete two FAFSA applications to cover the student from summer through the following spring semesters due to the June 30th fiscal year-end observed by Mississippi State University as follows:
- For the summer (SDP) semester, use the previous fiscal year’s application (2015/16 application for the summer 2016 semester).
- For the fall/spring semesters, use the current fiscal year’s application (2016/17 application for the fall 2016 and spring 2017 semesters)
Go to https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm for FAFSA Student Aid Deadlines.
- ALTERNATIVE LOAN (private or non-federal)
- STATE STUDENT FINANCIAL AID (Mississippi residents only) – State Financial Aid is only available during the fall and spring semesters.
Please visit the Financial Aid website, email email@example.com or call 662-325-2450 for more information. Personnel in the Developmental Programs Office do not address Financial Aid issues.